Wednesday, February 10, 2010

things newly considered

Okay - there are certain items in life that I never considered one could, would, should make. I mean the idea of a cloth shopping bag made sense to me when the plastic bags came along and though I've been a bit slow on jumping on the bandwagon, this was always something I knew I could, would, should make. (Of course now I work for L.L.Bean and get Boat and Totes inexpensively and they just rock, so our shopping bags are purchased for stupid cheap) I just recently made some produce bags for myself of muslin - I need to make about 5 more, but this is also an item that makes a lot of sense to me and doesn't shock or concern my more mainstream friends. But now that I'm drinking lots of herbal teas and yummy loose leaf black tea - I'm about to make an item that wouldn't have ever occurred to me even 2-3 years ago. I'm going to make reuseable teabags out of muslin and thin cotton cord/thread. I found these instructions online:
http://bp2.blogger.com/_734j__hVcBk/RcPVYqoHWtI/AAAAAAAAADQ/AEY5-Jymd6k/s1600-h/Pinch-of-Tea.jpg
and with slight modification - these will be my new tea bags. Mostly so I can take tea to work for use in my travel mug. My cousin seems mortified.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, not mortified! lol, I was confused by your fb post. I have never seen reuseable tea bags, only the metal kind for loose leaf tea......and I would have posted this on fb if I could figure out the new crapola....love you sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reusable tea bags ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete